Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fiona & Punch

If you don't know already, I am obsessed with Fiona Apple. I mean, come on, her voice friggin melts you. It kills me she only has 3 albums.

I also happen to be a huge fan of the Punch Brothers. They are so versatile and complex, and blow my mind every time I see them (see plethora of clips on my YouTube channel).***

I saw Nickel Creek (Chris Thile's previous band) play with Fiona back in '07, and it made perfect sense, even as unique as the arrangements were (Fiona just sang and NC did backups and instrumentals). Now, three years later, Fiona has emerged from her painstakingly long slumber to produce but 1 lonely single, backed up by, that's right, the Punch Brothers. JIMP.

Click here for the article and song

***I would like to mention that a 2nd of my Punch Brothers YouTube videos has just reached 10,000 views. It is their Radiohead cover of Faust Arp. It occurred during the first ever P-Bingo night.

No comments: